Monday, April 2, 2012

"When God Writes Your Job Description!"

I came across a great article yesterday while thumbing thru my old issues of "Discipleship Journal". I've kept them for years and they just keep on givin'.

In this article, the writer shares how she finally got her priorities in order when God finally got her attention! She asked the reader to:

List your current roles & responsibilities (all of them)

Cirle the ones that are a good fit for your gifts & passions.

Underline the ones that bring significant frustration or hardship.

Ask God to help you determine which ones you're giving too much time & attention to and which ones need to be higher priorities.

Identify one way you could begin making adjustments that God reveals

Brainstorm the benefits of making that adjustment.

Now! Ask God how He would like you to move forward...what's the next step?
(excerpt from Discipleship Journal, article by Dale Hanson Bourke, issue July/Aug 2007)

This gave me much to ponder and I thought you might like to do the same. I don't know about you, but if there is anyone I want writing my Job Description it's God! He is a Master Leader and Teacher and knows just how to get the best out of me...when I'm not being stubborn that is.

Hope this helps you the way it did me. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment