Friday, April 20, 2012

You want me to go where?!?



Ever feel like it would be just so nice if you could stay home inside your cozy 4 walls and just "be"!?! Me too!

But, this morning in my Bible reading (Exodus 2-4) I read how God told Moses "I've got a job for you, and it involves leaving your safe little world and going out to help some people who are in desperate trouble. They've been crying out to me for help and I'm sending you!" What do you suppose was Moses' response: "Oh, God. I'm not the person for a job like that! I don't have the skills, I don't speak very well in front of people and they will not listen to me!" And God's response? Moses, who makes mouths? Now go ahead and do what I tell you. I'll be with you and I'll tell you what to say." LOL I just LOVE that.

Today, if you're feeling like you just don't have what it takes to do what you KNOW God is leading/asking you to do, please remember this. God is the best BOSS we're ever gonna have so we're probably gonna have to trust He knows what He's doing. Somehow the world tells us that your "calling" will feel absolutely right and perfect and you'll just know "that's what I was born to do." But, Moses story makes me wonder. He WAS indeed born for it but he just didn't know it yet. He had to learn on the job but he had the raw skills and passions and abilities God needed for that particular task. He was born for it...literally...but He DID NOT SEE IT COMING!
And, frankly, in the beginning he wanted no part of it! But, then there was this "calling", this voice that he couldn't get away from, this task he was scared to death of, and this GOD who was way ahead of him. LOL Thank goodness!!

If you'd like to read more of his story it's in the Old Testament, the book of Exodus. AWESOME story of deliverance at the hands of harsh task-masters who have no regard for the personal life of their employees/slaves, but GOD heard their cries of "THERE'S GOT TO BE MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS". And, that's exactly where it began for me about 10 years ago. I thought I knew God before but I had NO idea how awesome He is until I started reading His Word. Exodus was one of my first books and I just GOT IT. I decided on the spot I'm not letting WORK KEEP ME from getting to know God and spending time with Him. There's not enough room here to tell you what He's done for me since. Maybe next time. LOL.

I'm feeling a little like Moses today and thought maybe you do to. I hope this encourages you as it has me.

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog today. we all seem to think it's just going to feel "right" when we find what we were meant to do. But like Moses, we can still be filled with fear and self-doubt. We just have to trust God has a plan and will give us what we need to carry it out.Im still working on the trusting God part and not just relying on my own emotions. Thx for the great insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from Bridgette. it just shows it's from Daelyn.

      Delete