Monday, April 9, 2012

Does anybody answer their phone anymore?

Good morning. I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend!! It was wonderful on this end and I'm so grateful for the beautiful weather.

So! Is it just me or have you noticed no-one ever answers their phone anymore. We all have cellphones and blackberries, and I-phones and whatnot, but I can't get anyone to actually pick UP the phone. I find myself leaving voice mails but rarely actually having the pleasure of hearing the voice of the one I'm calling to speak to. Sometimes I'm calling just to say "hey", I'm thinking about you. And sometimes, it's to say "Avon calling! can I get anyting for you this week, or can I help with anything.

I have to say I do get my Mom on the phone because she comes from a time when you actually did pick up the phone because "it must be important." Believe me, I get the whole screening your calls thing, or being so busy you couldn't possible pick up the phone, or simply not wanting to talk at the moment...maybe it's the climax of the movie. LOL.

But, I confess it strikes me funny..and kinda sad...that we have so many ways to be "reached" but we don't seem to be able to simply reach out and say "hey" anymore.

So, here I am on my blog saying "hey" I hope you get the party you are trying to reach today...or at least they call you back soon. And, I really just wanted to ask "is it just me?"

Have a great day!! Oh, and "Hey!"

1 comment:

  1. It is not just you... I can think of three voice mail messages I left this week alone that the return response was just a text message later on. No Penny, it is not just you...

    and "hey"... ;-P

    P.S. My daughter just answered the phone :)

    ReplyDelete