Friday, April 6, 2012

It's a "Good" Friday!

I received a gorgeous E-card this morning from a dear friend. Hope you can access it from here.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=3425681342126&source=jl999

It's funny, because I had planned a Blog Post for today called "This Bud's for You" or "Everything Old is New Again", inspired by my walks this week thru my neighborhood. The trees full of buds and flowers full of blooms I'm in awe of God's landscaping skills and amazed at the Redemption and Revelation I see in Nature. Perfect timing for "Good Friday" right?

The Petunia's on my terrace came back to life after lying dormant all winter and it's thrilling to watch that happen. I wasn't sure they'd survive but couldn't bear to throw them out. I'm SO glad I didn't. They are just beautiful. All they needed was a little time, patience, love and most of all someone willing to believe they could indeed RISE AGAIN.

Today is GOOD FRIDAY and a gorgeous one it is here in Nashville. Jesus showed us all, through His sacrifice for us, that we can indeed RISE AGAIN. He paved the way, payed the price and opened the door to Eternal life with a most loving and gracious God, in a place where the Sun and Moon are not necessary because HE provides the LIGHT! To quote the song by Mercy Me, "I can only imagine...". "Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus. Oh for grace to trust Him MORE." Oh for grace to love You more because You are worthy of SO much more from me.

I celebrate with Him on this Good Friday because He took my hand and pulled me out of the darkness into His beautiful light, and I am eternally grateful. You showed me what Redemption looks like, what it really means to be born-again, and taught me that it is ALWAYS possible to RISE AGAIN. Redemption is a most beautiful thing...like flowers that rise again after being dead for the winter. And You proved, dear Father, that (as the Bible says) "your mercies are new everything morning." Oh how grateful I am for that!!

For years I felt like those petunias; tired, dried up, withered and not at all sure I could be what I once was, or was born to be. But then came Jesus. "Come to me and I will give you rest" you said. And you have...and you do...and I love you!!! To quote the Psalmist "You have turned on my light. You have made my darkness turn to light. Now, in your strength I can scale any wall, attack any troup." Hallelujah!

Happy Easter everyone. It's a "Good Friday" indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment