Monday, August 16, 2010

Elvis? 33 Years? Really?

I know, I know. I'm a southern girl so it's kind of a rule. I LOVE Elvis. I'm not one to travel to Mempis every year to light a candle, or take a trek to Graceland just to see the house one more time. And, frankly some of the movies were just bad. But, I loved him somethin' awful when I was a kid and it just stuck! I admit I still can get very excited when I see him or even hear his voice. I dreamed of playing the piano in his band but he died before I got the chance.

Still makes me sad that someone with so much promise, so much talent, charisma, generosity and obvious good looks could get so lost. He was beautiful and truly gifted in many ways. And! I got to see him live in person twice! $5 seats. Can you imagine? I was 13 and I can still hear myself screaming. He overwhelmed me to say the least.

So, to all the Elvis fans out there...if you're listening...wasn't he awesome!? I feel your pain. Truly I do. I'm gonna go eat some ice cream with peanut butter on it in his honor and be grateful for all the precious memories he gave me. I'll have a bite for you!

2 comments:

  1. I love Elvis too. Fortunately he left us his music... Adorable blog, thank you visiting and commenting mine!

    ReplyDelete