Friday, February 1, 2013

For Book Lover's Only!

I had the privilege of hearing Karen Kingsbury this morning at Belmont University.  Her latest book, The Bridge, features Belmont University.  She was there to speak on "Writing for God" and to inspire the student to write a life story that is a BEST SELLER.  I thoroughly enjoyed hearing her speak and was inspired to pay close attention to the story I'm writing with this one life I've been given.

I found this on her site and was so moved I had to share it.  This so beautifully expresses how I feel about books!  And, how a book feels in my hands.  I know you've heard this before but I just can't see myself finding the same kind of enjoyment and pleasure in reading an e-Book.  No disrespect to the e-Book world - at ALL - it's just my personal preference.  My love for books goes beyond the content and expands to the paper, the ink and the weight of it in my lap.  It's no big, artsy deal really.  I just love a good Book!  Anyway, I thought this was beautiful and wanted to share it for those who may feel the same way.  If you do please leave a COMMENT.  I would love to hear what you think.
http://pages.simonandschuster.com/thebridge/for-booksellers


Have a wonderful day.  Hope you get to read something delicious!!!

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment