Thursday, January 17, 2013

Holy Substitutes

Been thinking about this a lot lately and then I found this post from "Just Between Us" magazine.  God is making it ever so clearly to me everday, that HE is what (or WHO) I need.  Everything else is just a "holy substitute."  Even good things...necessary things...MUST not take FIRST place in my life as a follower of Christ.  Jesus is my go-to Guy! He's is my Comforter, my Adviser, my Teacher, my Friend, my Father, my Preacher, my Prince, my King, my everything. 

I think Jill's notion that it's easier to be "friends with Jesus' friends than to be friends with Jesus himself" is so compelling.  Like the children of Israel with Moses: please don't make us talk to God again, YOU talk to Him. (paraphrased, of course).

Check out this article and let me know what you think.  We ALL have our substitutes, and frankly they are just NEVER gonna get the job done!!  I hope this inspires you as it did me.

Have a great day. Hope you get a chance to "get the WORD out".

Penny
Just Between Us Magazine: Holy Substitutes: Dear Friends, At most places I speak, I am asked to address leaders and followers alike about the present urgent need o...

No comments:

Post a Comment