Sunday, July 4, 2010

Free indeed!

It's the 4th of July and there is a spirit of celebration in the air. I can hear firecrackers outside my window as we speak. My Daddy made homemade vanilla ice cream this evening - our favorite - and I ate as much as I possibly could since I probably won't have any for a long time to come. What joy!

On the cover of the church bulletin this morning were the words "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM". (2Cor. 3:17). As I read those words I was immediately reminded of the time in my life when God heard my desperate cry to come running back to Him - after years of trying to do it on my own - and He enveloped me in the most luxurious love and peace I'd ever felt. I knew I was home. I was free!

I felt free to love Him and let Him love on me even though I didn't deserve it after years of ignoring Him. Free to let Him change me and show me the woman He created me to be. Free to let loose all that joy that had been pressed down with work and worries and life. Free to read His Word and not be afraid of it.. to know He would never leave me alone there. And, He never has. He's been wonderfully good to me there. A wonderful teacher! Every time I pick it up it's an adventure. That's why I take the Bible with me just about everywhere I go. I just can't get enough! There's always something new....a new adventure to be had. I never get tired of hearing His voice!

As I road my bike today with the wind blowing thru my hair and the sun shining on my face (corny by true) I thanked God for this glorious gift of freedom. I realize it comes at a great cost and I am truly grateful. I celebrate our freedom with God and thank Him for it! He loves to party ya know! Just look at all the feasts and celebrations He planned for His children in the Old Testament. He actually scheduled them and made it a law to come together and celebrate with Him. How cool is that? Ya gotta love it! I bet they had home made ice cream too! Ya think? Oh well, a girl can dream! With or without the ice cream I'll celebrate with Him any day!

Happy 4th of July everyone. I hope you've had as wonderful a day as I've had. Simple, relaxing and FREE!

Sleep tight......

No comments:

Post a Comment