Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Endings Always Bring New Beginnings!



Today is my last day to be 40-something. Tomorrow is a landmark day in my life. I will be 50 years old! WoW. It's very hard to put into words how that feels.

I'm excited and blessed and honored to be turning 50 tomorrow! I love my life and am incredibly blessed. Last Sunday my pastor taught about being GRATEFUL. I love the timing of this because it finds me at "almost" 50 saying "thank you Lord" for every good and perfect thing you've given me.

I'm grateful for the warm, comfy bed I woke up in and the strength to make that 2.2 mile morning walk with my husband. Sooooo grateful for the delicious cup of coffee that greeted me (from my auto-timed coffee maker) when I walked in the door after said walk, and for the freedom to spend my day working at home.

Today I get to spend a few hours studying the Bible for our Bible Study tonight (I co-teach) which is pure joy to me. I will reach out to my wonderful Avon customers to see where I can help there 'cause it's almost order time! Then I'm gonna sew at least 1 more lovely Bible Tote to hopefully encourage someone to carry their Bible out and about and make the most of every opportunity to read it! Get the Word out!!

I have a wonderful, caring husband and extended family that mean the world to me and friends that I adore and love to spend time with. I could not be more thankful this morning for all of God's rich blessings and I plan to enjoy every minute of this day He has made. I will indeed "rejoice and be glad in it."

I choose today to acknowledge every wrinkle, crinkle and ache as well-earned and thank God that I've been given the time to acquire them. My goal is the woman beautifully described in the Bible in Proverbs 31:

"She is a woman of strength and dignity, and has no fear of old age. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule for everything she says. She watches carefully all that goes on through out her household, and is never lazy...Charm can be deceptive and beauty doesn't last, but a woman who fears and reverences God shall be greatly praised..."

A lofty goal for sure, but don't they say "a (wo)man's reach should exceed he(r) grasp?" I think so!!

Here's to 49 years behing me and another 49 to go. Thank you, Lord, for every breath. You're the best!!

1 comment: