Friday, March 21, 2014

The Lion and the Red Bird. You have to see this!

The Lion and the Red Bird...together at last.

Hello, everyone.  It's been such a long time since I've been able to write and I'm itchin' to get back to it.  I thought I'd give you a treat right off the bat just for taking time to blog with me.

Last summer my husband and I went to the Jacksonville Zoo and I was determined to see a Lion.  They are the most gorgeous creatures (well, except for horses - I'm torn) and I've been dying to see one.  We love to visits zoos and I swear to you that every time we go the Lion is hiding for the day or the habitat is closed for renovation.  But, this time I was not leaving until I saw me a Lion.

So, we get to his lovely habitat and what is he doing?  SLEEPING!  Just laying there snoring like I had not driven for miles to see him.  So!  I grabbed my camera, zoomed in close as I could and held it there till he moved. I willed him to move! Which, he did not.  I told my husband to just grab a seat 'cause I wasn't leaving until that lion looked at me.  He is awesome and had every intention of waiting it out with me so that was no problem.  I literally stood there - camera ready - for what seemed like forever and then I started praying: "Please God make him wake up.  Please make him look at me. Please, please just one look.  I've waited so long to finally see a lion."  Honey, I was shameless in my plea.   And, no sooner had I said my final "please" did that lion lift his gorgeous head and look straight at me!! I kid you not.  I 'bout fell out.  It was awesome and my camera started snappin'.  Then, as if that wasn't enough this gorgeous red bird flew in out of nowhere and landed right in front of him.  Now, THAT is fearless.

My Mom and I have a special little relationship with the Red Bird.  She says that when she sees one she just "knows it mean's somethin'".  And over the past few years of caring for her during chemo therapy the red bird has been our constant companion.  So, when that little beauty flew into the picture I was done!!  God is so.... Glorious. Stupendous. Remarkable. Precious. What a moment!  I started saying "thank you, God" and still haven't quit. LOL  See, that's one of the things I love most about Jesus.  He just plain likes to show off for us.  He does good work, don't ya think.  Two beautiful creatures side by side and one blond crazy woman squealing like a girl at the site of them.  Ahh, that's good stuff.

I can't imagine what it will be like in heaven when "the Lion lays down with the Lamb" like the Bible says.  I'm gonna run my hands all THRU that mane.  Makes me giddy just thinkin' about it.

I hope the Lion and the Red Bird make you smile as they did me. They truly are special, don't ya think?

Thanks so much for letting me share. 
Penny



No comments:

Post a Comment